Special Guest Natalia Fedner: Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles

Wednesday, April 2, 2014





Natalia Fedner and Nick Verreos--FIDM Screening Party for Project Runway: Under The Gunn, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles



Last Thursday, I had the honor to host a very special Screening Party to view the TV show that I am a part of, "Project Runway: Under The Gunn". The Screening Party was held at my Alma Mater and college of which I am the Spokesperson, FIDM/The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Downtown Los Angeles. In the days leading up to the screening, I got an email from one of my dear designers from the show and part of "Team Nick", Natalia Fedner.







Natalia Fedner and Nick Verreos--FIDM Screening Party for Project Runway: Under The Gunn, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles



She sent me a very sweet email, telling me how wonderful it was to have been mentored by me and how thankful she was for my support during the filming. I was very touched and subsequently, I asked her if she would be so kind as to join me as a "Special Guest" at this "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" FIDM Screening Party. She said "Yes! Of course!". Yeayyy!






Wall of Fame Posing: Nick Verreos and Natalia Fedner, FIDM Los Angeles Campus--Natalia and I posed in front of my FIDM DEBUT "Fashion Illustration" from 1993. Yep, that sketch is from 21 years ago, when I was a FIDM Advanced Fashion Design Student.






Pierogi Luv:  I joked with Natalia back when we filmed "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" about how much I LOVED Pierogies--Eastern European types of empanadas, stuffed dumplings very typical of Russia, Ukraine, Poland, etc. Well, Natalia did not forget this and she actually brought me a box of Pierogies--potato and vegetable ones--and I literally picked Natalia up and hugged her to no end! And then I took a picture with a Pierogi as you can see above.





Now, back to the FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party...




FIDM Screening Crowd: I was so excited to find a ton of people ready to watch last week's "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" episode--The Benefit Challenge. You can read my "Nick's Take"/Inside Dish BLOG about this episode HERE. Many people had come to view the episode with me and Natalia--as well as students interested in possibly attending FIDM, and their parents. It was a great mix.






Natalia and Nick: Prior to viewing the episode, I gave a "Welcome", talked about the upcoming "FIDM Open House's" that I will make an appearance at (Hello FIDM OC and FIDM San Francisco!), gave a brief explanation of the "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" TV show format and then introduced Natalia.














So Proud Of Natalia: Natalia Fedner and Nick Verreos, FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles



After viewing the episode, Natalia and I took questions from the audience, gave away a FAB FIDM bag and then did a Meet-&-Greet Photo Op--here are lots of pics from that...







Q & A: Nick Verreos and Natalia Fedner--FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles







Bag Give-Away: Nick Verreos and Natalia Fedner choosing the winner of the FIDM "Sceening Party" Raffle--FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles










Meet-and-Greet: Nick Verreos and Natalia Fedner meet with "Project Runway:Under The Gunn" fans at FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles






NV Fab: I was so excited to see an attendee--Olga Padilla--wearing one of my NV Nick Verreos dresses--an apple green jersey knit gathered dress. She looked FABULOSA! It's always wonderful seeing someone in one of your dresses!







Nick Verreos and Natalia Fedner with Victor Hugo Padilla (yes, that's his mommie in my "NV Nick Verreos" dress!)--FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles













 Nick Verreos and Natalia Fedner Meet-and-Greet--FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles








Minnesota Gorgeous: These two lovely ladies (far left and far right) flew all the way from Minnesota JUST for this Screening party!!! How much do I LOVE them!!!???Answer: LOTS!







Twitter Buddies: Natalia Fedner, Linda Zupan (our twitter buddy) and Nick Verreos--FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles






Rachel, Natalia, Nick and Cara--FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles







David Paul, Natalia Fedner and Nick Verreos: FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles










Kisses: Natlia Fedner, Nick Verreos (and attendee)--FIDM "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party--FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles





A HUGE Thank You to FIDM and to EVERYONE who came out for this fun and fabulous "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Screening Party and for making it a huge success! And a Very Special Thank You to Natalia for being my Special Guest Star! XOXO Mentor Nick


No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts